Durango Double MTB Ride
First, run the Horse Gulch Hustle, then tackle 16.5 more miles of single-track on a mountain bike.
Sign up solo, or pair up with a partner and do it as a duo!
Race Day Info
- Late Packet Pickup: 7:00 AM to 8:00 AM
- Race Day Registration: none (you must pre-register)
- Start Time: As soon as you or your partner finishes the Horse Gulch Hustle trail run
- Changing Tents (solo racers): Will be provided for your convenience so you can wear what's most comfortable for you for both events!
- Location: Animas Surgical Hospital (575 Rivergate Lane, Durango, CO 81301)
The Durango Double MTB Ride features 16.5 miles of single-track through the trails of Horse Gulch and Telegraph. The route is independent from the Horse Gulch Hustle, so you'll enjoy a whole different view from these trails.
Click here to download a printer-friendly map.
The Durango Double MTB Ride features one aid station (visited twice) on the course:
- Aid #1: Horse Gulch Meadow, 10.0 miles
- Aid #2: Horse Gulch Meadow, 14.4 miles
DETAILED COURSE DESCRIPTION
- Begin at Animas Surgical Hospital.
- Ride north along the old railroad grade along the east side of the Animas River.
- Cross Hwy 3 at Santa Rita Drive. Heed instructions of officers and course marshals!
- Ride north on Hwy 3 for two blocks, then turn right onto Horse Gulch Road.
- Proceed up Horse Gulch Road, through the gate, and back onto dirt.
- Just before Horse Gulch Meadow, bear left onto the Powerline trail connector.
- Follow the Powerline trail several miles north, past the water tower.
- Bear right onto Skyline, and begin the infamous Skyline climb.
- At the top of Skyline, the trail is rocky and rough for a quarter mile, presenting a fall hazard. Please consider walking your bike over the rocky obstacles!
- After the rocky section, turn left onto the Sugar Trail and descend a series of switchbacks.
- Once back into Horse Gulch, follow Horse Gulch Road south for several miles.
- Arrive at Aid #1, then proceed on the Meadow Trail back up into the Gulch.
- Follow the Meadow Trail to Stacy's Trail, then to Mike's Trail.
- Mike's Trail will take you to Aid #2, then proceed out Horse Gulch Road the way you started.
- Cross Hwy 3 again, and return to the finish line along the old railroad grade.
Click here for Horse Gulch Hustle Trail Run course information.