Gena Rych 5K Run/Walk
The Gena Rych Memorial Fund was formed in 2011 by the family of Gena Rych. Gena was known for very rare spirit and heart and her ability to connect with people. She contributed greatly to the Durango community during her short time here.
Having put herself through college, Gena believed in the importance of creating her own opportunities and welcomed all challenges. It is in this very spirit that the primary beneficiary of funds raised will go to the Women’s Resource Center for the empowerment and education of young women here in Durango.
Gena also loved running, and lived life to the fullest by working hard and having fun in the outdoors as much as possible. The Gena Rych Memorial 5K Run / Walk is dedicated to honor and celebrate the life and spirit of Gena by encouraging others to get outside and do something good for themselves, all while helping young women to advance their education in our community.
Race Day Info
- Late Check-In: 7:30 AM to 8:30 AM
- Race Day Registration: $40 (cash/check only)
- Start Time: 8:45 AM
- Location: Animas Surgical Hospital (575 Rivergate Lane, Durango, CO 81301)
The Gena Rych 5K features a fun, casual, stroller-friendly cruise along the Animas River Trail!
Click here to download a printer-friendly map.
Detailed Course Description
- Begin at Animas Surgical Hospital.
- Head south on Sawmill, turning right onto the Animas River Trail connector behind the hospital.
- Proceed north on the Animas River Trail to Santa Rita Park.
- Arrive at Turnaround — Santa Rita Park (mile 1.8).
- Return to Animas Surgical Hospital by way of the Animas River Trail.
- Arrive at Finish (mile 3.1).
- Stick around for refreshments and cheer on the other runners!